Our specialist mortgage network is tailored to fully support the needs of the specialist Mortgage Adviser.
As recognised specialists in Buy-to-Let and complex finance within the industry, our expertise and unique mortgage tools mean that we are ideally placed to professionally support you and your clients across all areas of property finance, giving you the platform to run a successful mortgage business. So, why should you join Connect?
- Network support tailored to the Specialist Adviser
- Provide your clients advice across all specialist product areas including 2nd charges and bridging etc
- Lender panel of over 110 specialist and mainstream lenders
- Bespoke versions of market leading sourcing and criteria tools
- Dedicated placement helpdesk, helping you get to the right lender for your client
- Dedicated case management team, helping you with application submissions and case progression
- Speed of authorisation, when compared with applying directly to the FCA
- Own FCA number with compliance and risk management taken care of for you
- Training and support to develop your skills to help more clients
- Low costs and tailored solutions, select and pay only for the permissions you require
- All FCA costs included in monthly membership fees, which start from just £25 per month
- Market leading commissions and no Network deductions from your client offer or completion fees
- White label forms, tools and marketing materials available via our online document store
Starting a new Mortgage business and want to get authorised?
Joining a Network rather than applying directly to the FCA means you can start your new mortgage business in weeks, rather than months.
Read the below to compare being part of the Connect Network against applying directly to the FCA:
Connect or Direct?
|CONSIDERATION||WITH our Network||WITH direct FCA Authorisation|
|Permissions for Commercial, Buy to Let (1st and 2nd charge), general insurance and life insurance?||Included.||Apply to FCA for Permissions including: Consumer Credit, Consumer BTL, Regulated Mortgages, Insurance Mediation.|
|Permission for residential mortgages and residential second charge?||Included, subject to broker qualifications and experience. Alternative referral scheme available to an in-house authorised Connect adviser.||Apply to FCA for Permissions to Advice on Regulated Mortgages.|
|Responsibility for the Advice and transaction being compliant?||Network responsibility.||Your own responsibility.|
|Professional Indemnity Insurance?||Discounted group plan, covering all business types.||You need to arrange and it is compulsory where regulated mortgage or insurance permissions are required.|
|Administration support?||Full application submission, processing and tracking from Connect included in the application fee.||None - You will need to process your own cases or employ a member of staff.|
|Placement and Criteria?||Dedicated specialist placement and criteria helpline and field based BDMs included in membership.||None.|
|FCA Gabriel reporting?||Not required by you as completed by Network.||Full business reporting including accounting to be supplied 6 monthly to the FCA.|
|Complaints management?||Complaints reported to and managed by Connect.||You will need to manage your own complaints.|
|Speed of application to authorisation?||Approval and authorisation typically takes just 2 – 3 weeks.||The FCA currently state that it can take up to 6 months.|
|Promotions and advertising approvals support?||The network will provide advertising approvals and guidance included in the membership.||None - You will need to ensure yourself that you are adhering to all advertising requirements of the FCA.|
|Training?||Full initial training given on the systems, process and risk management. Plus ongoing training is provided as part of your membership.||None.|
Irrespective of the FCA regulatory position of the above products, lenders will and currently do apply their own interpretation in relation to the permissions they will require an adviser to have to transact with them.
For example, currently a substantial number of the BTL lenders require an adviser to have a Regulated Mortgage permission to transact BTL.
Obtaining ALL the permissions is the only way that you will be able to offer a full whole of market advice service.
Would you like to find out more about our Network?
Complete the below and we will come back to you quickly to let you know how we can help. If you would like to speak to us immediately, call us on 01708 676 123.